Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A long time....

A long time since I posted, and a lot has happened both good and bad. Let's start on the good side!

I had my Turbo Kick™ Round29 event this past weekend. Man it was rockin! The venue, the OIP Dance Studio here in Toronto was amazing! I think everyone really had a great time and Round29 was so freaking amazing! It's my favorite round BY FAR!!! I think the gals in my class are starting to really like it too! KICKS!! LOTS OF KICKS!!! My friend Lisa from Milwaukee flew all the way to Toronto just for the event! How amazing is that! If she was the ONLY one in class my weekend would have been made...But instead I had another 45 or so ladies (and 3 guys) come out and just tear the place apart! This was smaller than my last event (over 60 ladies) but this event was the most fun for me! I think each one is the MOST FUN because its the most fresh in my mind! Man I love teaching this stuff!

Ok on the not so positive side, I found out today that I didn't get a really important job today. This would have been a promotion and the selection committee was down to a select few (from a lot of applicants). I wanted this position very badly (more than I let on) and for the first time in my life, I lost out to someone else in an interview. The person who ended up in the role is outstanding and I think he will do amazing, but I am totally torn about by it. I'll survive and I will grow because of it. I talked to the manager of the team (and his boss) today and got feedback and asked for things I could do to make myself a stronger candidate. They didn't have much to tell me actually (which was a bit of an ego boost) and they told me that they thought I was a great candidate and that in future positions (there will be several in the next few months) that they wanted me to re-apply. I think I will, but I don't remember ever wanting something so badly and losing out.

Also I applied to become a Area Promotions Director (Presenter) for Powder Blue Productions, the makers of Turbo Kick™. This is also something I want VERY badly. I had to put together a video and send it in to California. If they like my application and video I will get invited to California for 3 days to audition to be a presenter. If I get through that, I will get the opportunity to run events and certify instructors in Turbo Kick™! Talk about a dream come true! From fat, out of shape Rob, to Turbo Kick™ Fanatic, to APD for Powder Blue! I don't know what the superstars in California will think of my application or video but I sure hope they like it! My cousins, Pete and Sarah helped me put it all together (they are amazing) and I couldn't be more grateful! I love em!

Here are some pictures from our turbo kick™ event! :)




Just a group shot! I love these people! And no, Steve and Lisa are not standing on chairs, they are both that tall! Happy Post Workout!!! ;)




My buddy Koko, modeling his "I HEART TURBO" T-Shirt that he won in our draw!



Just me, going through the "how to" part of our day.

We have already decided on a NEW event. May 5, 2007! I am hopeful that some more of my friends can make it! I will post more info on that over the next couple of weeks!

Well that's it for now!

No comments: