Monday, October 16, 2006

My Life - Cutting the Fat

Everyone is busy! Everyone has things going on, but so many people take on more than they can handle, and it all becomes overwealming. This is where I sit today.

Between my day job, My Turbo Kick Classes and my own business (bicycle business) I am working from 630am until 1100pm, 6-7 days per week.

I speak to friends and family a lot about time management, and I think overall I do a pretty good job with it, but there really is only so much I can do.

I spent some time this past week thinking about it, and have decided that I am going to trim down my schedule.

With a LOT of thought, and quite a bit of mixed feelings, I have closed the bicycle business all together. This is about 20+hours per week that will be freed up! This business represents all my early mornings, all my late nights and this will be something both Heather and I will be happy about, now that the time will be given back to us!

I have so much I WANT to do in the upcoming week. Most of what I want to do is Travel or Turbo Kick related so it is definitely time that I put some more direct focus on it, while keeping some time for FAMILY!

This change should give me more time to spend with my lovely wife, my family as well as the chance to expand Turbo a little more as well!!!

Excited? You betcha!!!

3 comments:

Dusk said...

I talk to you and somehow this never comes up? Weird.

irish_robbie said...

Its just something I've done "on the side" for the past 5 years...Its not a huge money maker, and the time it takes to keep it moving is simply not worth the effort and time for me anymoe.

I want more ME time now!

HULA77 said...

Congratulations on making that life-changing decision Robbie. I'm sure it was hard, but time, as you well know, is something we can't get back. Enjoy!!!!