Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Landed

What's one of the last things you want to see on your plane before departure? Well a team of four airplane mechanics walking up and down the aisles, in and out of the several exits of the plane, all the while carrying these tractor trailer sized rolls of duct tape ranks right up there!

After a very quiet an uneventful time in Denver airport that basically consisted of sending the emails I wrote while ON the last flight, eating some lunch and chatting with a couple friends who were excited about my trip and some former APD Campers who were offering me oodles of amazing insight and advice I'm off to the OC!!

We were boarded about 30minutes prior to our departure time and then for the next half hour the mechanics kept showing up, and at one point the pilot actually left the plane WITH a mechanic as if the mechanic had said, "Oh dude you HAVE to check out the duct tape job I did on your landing gear!"

It ended up that it was something to do with leaking brake lines...I can't believe that the captain actually came on the loud speaker and told us that the leaking brake fluid issue was being worked on and should only take 15 or so minutes...As it turned out they replaced some entire brake mechanism (the pilot told us that they swapped it with another plane LOL!)

Anyways we landed about an hour late and once the baggage came out I had missed my chance to hang with some of the other Presenter Applicants and do my friend Monica's Hip Hop Aerobic class which from what I've heard is absolutely insane! I don't think I'll get the opportunity to do it again this week so I'll have to make sure I do next time I'm in town!! :)

Since I've missed everyone, I think I'll have a quiet night and watch some TV and have some dinner!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

YAY! It was fun chatting with you!!

HAVE A BLAST!!