Thursday, June 14, 2007

Confusion

There is a yahoo group called Turbo Kick Fanatics that has lot of members of, who because of Chalene Johnson, and the Turbo Kick Program she has created have a place to talk to, and share their passion for Turbo Kick and Fitness in General. People on there are either enthusiasts of Turbo Kick (and Turbo Jam), Instructors of Turbo Kick as well as Area Promotions Directors and Presenters of Turbo Kick. Basically a LOT of people who really love this program and the lady who brought it to them.

Chalene is a very gifted athlete, Instructor, Dancer, Fitness Presenter and has been a feature at IDEA Fitness quite a few times . She is very well respected, not only in the "Turbo Kick" circles, but in the Fitness Realm in general.

Now Chalene is in a contest right now for the next IDEA Conference
Click here to check out her entry and PLEASE vote.

http://www.ideafit.com/health_fitness_video_contest/ContestVideosView.aspx?vid=133

A few people seemed to get upset on the Turbo Kick Fanatics board that a couple people were leaving posts, encouraging people to support Chalene, the lady who if it were not for her, the board would not even have a reason for existing.

The TK Fanatics board is always trying to keep content pointed towards On-Topic, but to be honest there are SO MANY off-topic posts daily that nobody says boo about, and I am very surprised at the attitude of some of the so-called TURBO KICK Fanatics who say that they love Chalene but shun those people who are publicly supporting, and reminding other FANATICS that Chalene needs their support.

Chalene would never ask for the support herself, which is people who know and love her were posting to folks, reminding them and keeping everyone updated on the status of the contest Chalene is in. I am just a little surprised that people on a board called "Turbo Kick FANATICS", showed a lack of support of the lady who CREATED Turbo Kick by shunning the people who were trying to drum up support for her.

Well that's it for tonight. Two TK classes tomorrow! One at Each gym, so I am super excited, and TFIG tomorrow too! It's been a stressful week at work and I can't WAIT to blow off some steam in my classes!





4 comments:

CHRISTINE DWYER said...

I'm in total agreement! I just roll my eyes that these people can't get over 1 email a day. Seriously- how many "junk" emails off of that group do you just read the first line and delete and move on...puh lease people.

Kim Taylor said...

Amen Robbie & Christine!!!

Jackie Bull said...

Absolutely! At first, I was so mad that they were unbelievably IRRITATED by someone being positive and supportive. But, then I resolved myself to being thrilled that I wasn't as miserable and irritable as they are!

Go Chalene!
Jackie Bull

Amanda said...

Rock on! I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who was annoyed by this! I was close to saying something but I figured that it might end up drumming up a huge issue. All I can say is "WHATEVER people"! What's the harm in showing a little support for the master mind behind our addictions!?

I think I've voted for her almost every day since the first post Chalene put up.