Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend - TEXAS STYLE!

Wow!!! How much fun was this weekend!?

Well Heather and I went to bed Thursday night around 1am after lollygagging and taking our sweet time getting packed for our trip to Texas.

We had to be up and out the door early, which was painful Friday morning. We hopped in a cab at approximately 430am and headed to the airport for a pleasantly quiet, and uneventful flight to Dallas! Our friend, Kevin picked us up at the airport and we stayed with him and my awesome friend Gen (who I met in person when we did the Turbo Jam™ infomercial together back in November of last year).

*****By the way....That INFOMERCIAL IS ON TV!!! AS of YESTERDAY!!! WE SAW IT THIS MORNING!!!! I'M NOT IN IT A TONNE..BUT I AM THERE!!! YEEEEE****

We spent some time running errands with Gen and Kevin (and their cool sons Austin and Daniel) and then headed to a Japanese Hibachi Restaraunt. I was surprised by my friend Jackie Bull and Missy who met us at the restaraunt and we had a birthday lunch (it was my birthday!) Jackie got me a cool Texas Longhorn hat (that I wore a lot over the weekend).

We spent some time at Gen's house after lunch and then headed off to 24Hour Fitness where Chalene was doing a special class (since she was going to be in town for Mindy's wedding, like we were).

We got their pretty early (about 1.5hours early) and there were LOTS of people already there. I was MOSTLY surprised by a bunch of folks who I hadn't met before who were excited to meet ME! I was mostly speechless about that but got to meet a lot of REALLY cool folks which made the day amazing!

Chalene came out and did her thing to more than 300 participants. It was absolutely stunning how many people made it out (good thing they held the class in the basketball court instead of the GroupX room!) We had a blast!

Janice, Doris and Pilar are three friends I've known through the Beachbody message boards for quite a while (I think I've known Pilar for more than 4years now) and got to meet them all in person for the first time before class! What an absolute treat!

I'm not going to list everyone else for fear of missing someone, but there wasn't a person I met over the weekend who didn't leave a lasting impression on me!

So my weekend has already been made amazing by this point and we haven't even gotten to reason why we came to Texas, and that was Mindy and Lee's wedding!

Saturday was HOT! Soooo freaking hot...but it was Sunny, beautiful and we got to the Ranch where the wedding was being help about 15minutes before the wedding. What an amazing place! The wedding was outdoors and at the foot of a small lake (or big pond). Lee took his place at the edge of the water shortly after we sat down and Mindy walked down the aisle. I hadn't seen Mindy in 2months and she is always in amazing shape (being the ultra fitness professional that she is) but WOW! She was not only stunningly gorgeous, but just amazing! The ceremony was short and sweet and the reception was an intimate and fun luncheon.

A great group of girls who are friends, family and colleagues of Mindy's did all the catering and they did an AMAZING job!

Heather, Myself, Gen, Jackie, Chalene and Bret shared a table and had a great time chatting and munching away on lunch while Mindy and Lee made there way around from guest to guest. The reception itself ended mid-afternoon and after relaxing and being mallrats for a little while, we met up with everyone downtown for a post-wedding party.

It was great and we slept like logs that night!

Today was very cool too! I got to meet Gen's inlaws (we all went to pick up Gen's youngest son from a sleepover with grandma and grandpa). Very nice folks and Gen's father in law has the COOLEST model train setup in the house! Oh man! He's been doing this since he was 17years old and the room he has setup now has apparently been "in progress" for 40 years! It was like nothing I've seen.

Gen and Kevin and the kids took Heather and I downtown in Dallas for lunch today (and we got to check out some JFK history too). I know my mom would be excited about this as she is a huge US History buff. We stook on the "grassy knoll" saw the Book Depository and I even stood right on the spot where the third shot hit JFK (and took a photo up the road so you can see where the car was coming from). It was all a little eerie really. But very interesting and cool nonetheless.

We made it to the airport and survived a minor delay to make it home just before midnight!
We've got a few pictures (Heather is playing with them right now) and are hoping to get some of Jackie's (I think I took 900 pictures with her camera this weekend) and Gen so I will post some of them later this week.

All in all it was an absolutely amazing weekend! I saw old friends, made some really cool new ones. Did I mention it was HOT?!

Anyways, what a blast! I can't wait to see a lot of the Texas folks again in August, when we head to California for camp TK (Everyone needs to join Team BLUE by the way)!!

5 comments:

Alice said...

I am so glad you and Heather had such a fun week end. Congratulations to Mindy. I am not sure why you are surprised so many know and love you though...

just janice said...

Im glad you and Heather had such an AWESOME TIME here in Texas !! IT was great meeting you both!! I am trying for camp, but it isnt looking too good ...

The Duchess of Paso Robles said...

I will see YOU and Heather at Camp. Team GREEN mister. Or else Danielle will have my head. And Holly certified me so imagine my dilemma. Go with Family or with my APD...Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh. CAMP in 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky Looser said...

Robbie, You were even more fun in real life than you seem in your blog.... YOU ROCK BROTHA!!!
Sheri
www.lucky-looser.blogspot.com

Frank said...

I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.
Extenze Male Enhancement Australia