Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Feeling Better

So I've had this rotten flu for the last 4 (tooday would be the 5th) day and lemme tell ya it sucks! Not being able to breath, coughing until your throat bleeds...good times....

Anyways, I made it to teach class last night and for the most part I think class was unaware that I had been ill and I was able to get through class without issue. The flu hasn't affected my energy at all, and once I started moving, it helped clear up my sinuses. As soon as we finished working out, my voice went as well as getting instantly stuffed again, but it was an AWESOME hour of freedom!!!

This morning I do feel better though. Not 100% but good enough to go to work, get my workout in this afternoon and very relieved that I can breath again!!! AHHH!!!

A few friends and I have decided that this week would start a 10 in 10 challenge! Anytime we're feeling sluggish, lazy or blech this usually is the kickstart we need! 10 in 10 basically is 10workouts in 10 days, and 10days of clean eating...no white food (bread, rice, etc) or processed food. I still eat protein powders, bars etc...but no processed meats and stuff like that...

Today is day 2 of that!!! I didn't weigh myself or do measurements on day1 so I won't know the exact results of the challenge, but I do know that times in the past that we've done this, its done AWESOME stuff!

I will get my workout in after work today and post the bulk of my food at that time too!

Food

Meal1: Fibre One Cereal and Skim Milk (4points)
Meal2: Whole Wheat Pita with Chick Peas and Veggies (7points)
Meal3: NEW Fibre One honey crunch Cereal (5points)

I ended up eating too little yesterday but my appetite wasn't really there (thanks to an upset stomach from the cold and a real busy day kept my mind off food). This kind of day is a rare thing, and I will not be following this one up tomorrow!

Workout:

Running: I did 45minutes on the treadmill and did 5.5miles. I just push the pace, just jogged it out for the 45minutes. I was not feeling great, but HAD to get 45minutes in for my 10 in 10 challenge! I felt very accomplished at the end of the day!

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!
I have a 365 day/year chronic sinus problem, and I know how you feel about the TK clearing the sinuses!
One of my favourite things about TK. I just wish it lasted longer :0)

I'll be joining you guys on doing a workout 10 days in a row, starting yesterday.