Monday, January 15, 2007

It's been too long!

Those folks who post on blogs, message boards, or journals will know that when you're absent from those for any decent amount of time, typically something is wrong.

So what's my reason...
Lazy. Plain and simple.

I'm actually really angry at myself about it. Life gets busy, things come up and priorities change. But I decided way back at the beginning of this journey that I would make my Health a top priority in my life...and sure enough I let it slip.

There are plenty of things that came up these last few weeks. Work-wise, money-wise, stress-wise...but none of those are an excuse. Regardless of WHAT happens, my Health needs to be a focus otherwise EVERYTHING will slip.

I find it interesting to look at the last couple of weeks. No blogging, not journalling...and it just so happens that today is day4 of a horrible illness I've been plagued with. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...But all I know is that I wasn't sick when I was journalling!

So workout-wise I'm still going strong, even being sick. I have my commitments, and I won't miss teaching any of my classes unless I am physically unable to be there and even with how sick I've been..I'm still mobile!

My eating has been...well...not measured or journalled. But as of now, its back to the basics. I'm still in great shape, I haven't gained 20pounds or lost my results...I just feel blech and lazy.

Food

Meal1 PowerCrunch Protein Bar (4points)
Meal2 Wild Rice with Chili and Veggies (8points)
Meal3 Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomato Sauce (8points)
Meal4 Fibre One Cereal and Skim Milk (4points)
Meal5 PowerCrunch Protein Bar (4points)

I had 6 litres of water BEFORE class today. I think the cold, and the medication both are doing a number on keeping me dehydrated. I'm working hard to fight that though!

Workout

TurboKick Class at 730pm - I was sick before class but I was able to put on my "GAME FACE" before class! I powered through class, burned over 1000 calories and sweat buckets!
I went straight home and bundled up, took more medicine and am now going to bed.

ONE THING I'VE LEARNED. The next time someone asks you "HOW ARE YOU?", tell them you're GREAT, or AWESOME, TERRIFIC...Something EXCELLENT! Even if you aren't..Even if you're normal response would be to complain, or say "OK"...Tell them, and at the same time tell yourself that you're doing GREAT. You'd be surprised, but a lot of the time, you'll actually end up feeling the way you've just described yourself!

Pushups- 1400done / 1600 remaining. Still pushing away at it. I haven't missed a day and although I haven't done any MORE than 100 per day, but I haven't done any LESS either ;)

No comments: