Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Plan Making 101

Well I learned never to make plans for New Years Eve and goals for new years day at the same time. Recipe for disaster!

We had a blast on New Years Eve, saw friends caught up with people and really enjoyed the celebrations. To the point where I was physically unable to function on New Years day. Without getting into any details, let's just say I have a little catching up. We did get out for a few hours to see some friends and have a great meal on New Years day as well, but that was the extent of my energy for the day.

I will do my fitness test today and will do my running tonight and am about to start on the pushups right away. Since I am at work all day the blog will be updated in the evening when I get home.

Food- I didn't have much of an appetite today so I had a few protein bars to keep my calories up

Meal1: Power Crunch Bar (4points)
Meal2: Whole Wheat Pita with Chickpeas and Veggies (7points)
Meal3: Power Crunch Bar (4points)
Meal4: Whole Wheat Pita with Chickpeas and Veggies (7points)
Meal5: Power Crunch Bar (4points)

Now this isn't the most exciting diet today, and those who know me or who have read my blog at all over the last year and a half will know that when I like something I eat it often. The important thing is that I got a tonne of protein today (from the bars and from the chickpeas), Lots of Veggies (in the pitas), plenty of good carbs from the (chickpeas, whole wheat pitas and the bars) and I felt great all day.

Workout

Pushups- Total to do for the month 3000 / Remaining 2900
100 pushups done in several sets of 20-30 at a time.

Pullups- Total to do for the month 1000 / Remaining 995
Pathetic I know. But I as tired, and forgot all about them until bed time.

Running- Total mileage to run for the month: 75miles / remaining 72miles
I ran for 3 miles today. 23minutes and 50seconds.
This morning when I woke up I tripped and sliced my foot open on the metal frame of my bed. I sliced open my 2 smallest toes. I bandaged them up all day and then retaped them before my run. If you've seen any movie about Steve Prefontaine, you may recall an NCAA championship race he ran after slicing his foot open. At the end of the race (in which he won) you could see the blood soaking through not only his socks, but also his shoes. Well that's kind of what my foot looked like after this 3miler. I didn't break any Prefontaine records, but I was in pain by the end, and I am own one less pair of socks!

1 comment:

psyknife said...

I remember you saying that you are incorporating P90X stuff into your routine... are you still doing this?
I started a new round of P90X and it's already kickin' my bum... but I'm also doing better on those workouts than ever before!
I still don't have anywhere to teach Turbo... it's HARD to get into a gym, especially if you are a newbie!
Well, keep in touch if you get a chance... I haven't really talked to you in forever.
BYE! :-)