Friday, January 26, 2007

Out with the old?

So class was amazing yet again tonight, and we had a terrific time! The ladies were energy personified! After class I got to thinking though.

There were a few people in class who have been coming to class since I started, there were some brand new people, and some "mid-timers", but as of January I have noticed that some of the "original" folks have all but stopped coming. I mean the classes continue to grow, so its not a concern in that respect, but I do feel a family vibe with all my ladies when they just leave all together, it does feel a little sad. I've seen this sort of thing when I used to teach martial arts, but in that there is more of a commitment, because people are working towards belts and don't typically just stop coming.

I know that new year sometimes bring new trends and new ideas, so perhaps some of the folks are pursuing those, or perhaps life just changes folks priorities. All I know is that some of the folks who seemed as excited as I was about Turbo have either disappeared, or have changed their priorties.

I know I should be less sensitive about it, and should be continually happy for the fact that my classes are amazing, and I truly love all the ladies in class but heck I'm a sensitive guy!

No comments: