Thursday, February 01, 2007

Vegas Baby!

Off to Vegas! 730am.

Well four hours of sleep and I we were up and ready to go this morning! My brother and sister in law picked Heather and I up around 6am this morning and we met my parents at the park n fly lot then headed off to the airport. US Customs was the best I've ever had. No Lineups and the customs agent just chatted with me about which Cirque Du Soliel show we should see in Vegas! I hope I'm not jinxing us, but so far its been pretty sweet. Security checkpoint was quick and painless too!

We have 3 hours to wait until our flight, so we're just gonna hang out and pass the time. I will write more when we get to the next stop.

Most of these may show up together because we have no internet connection here at the airport.

...

So we begin our descent into Phoenix and we're way late...not so late that we will DEFINITELY miss our flight, but late enough that its gonna be close!

On the descent we get hit with lightening twice in about 10 seconds! It was loud like a gun-shot and the flash was like someone put a camera up to you eyeballs and started shooting! I poohed myself.

...

We got off the plane at 200pm and our connecting flight was to depart at 215pm...so off we run! We got to the gate at about 210pm to find out that this flight was delayed...SIGH of RELIEF!

We hung around for about an hour then off to Vegas!!! The flight to Vegas was very pleasantly uneventful and our stretch Limo driver was hilarious!! It was cheaper to take a stretch limo ($46) than to take airport Shuttle ($10 per person. Since there are 6 of us).

We went to the RIO for dinner at their buffet. Oh my god. I know that Vegas is known for its extreme everything, and I've been here before. But I've never seen a buffet THIS big before. Not even close to be honest. This place was exponentially bigger than any place I've ever seen!

We ate! I did pretty well and loaded up on veggies, but my small dish of pasta did look like it was bathed in Oil. So after dinner, we all felt pretty sloth-ish. My parents took a cab back to the hotel to crash, where Heather and I, my brother and his wife decided to hoof it and check out a few sites before bed!

We checked out the Bellagio water show, which was fun and then headed over to FAO Schwartz to look at TOYS!! If you've ever seen the movie, BIG that is the toy company that Tom Hanks worked for! If you've never seen the movie the next picture won't be too exciting, but if you HAVE this picture is kinda cool! This is my younger brother and I on "the keyboard"

No comments: