Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back to Forrest Gump!

Well since my bike is still out of commission and I don't currently have the funds for the new Frame/Fork I will eventually purchase, I decided today that I am going to start my running training again! 2007 is going to be a GREAT year for my running! I want it to ALSO be a great year for my cycling, but I don't want to get too exicted about the bike quite yet, at least not until I can afford to get mine back on the road!

The last couple of weeks I have added some weight training back into my schedule and its been tough, mainly because of the schedule I have set for myself, but its been good overall! My Turbo Classes and Training has definitely kept my cardio up, so now its just a matter of some sport specific training! To run better I need to run! I am going to pick a race in April. I am not sure WHICH race, or where, but I know that THIS race will be an important one for me!

If any friends out there know of a cool 10km race in your town or anywhere, let me know! I won't decide WHICH race I do until the new year, but for now, its time to train!!!

3 comments:

ellen said...

spring run off in high park(april).. its 5 and/or 8k.. but close if you are saving money :)

Unknown said...

I know that it's a long ways from you, but the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is awesome! It's in honor of the victims of the Murrah Building bombing in 1995 and the atmosphere is amazing. The run is April 29th. I don't think there is a 10K, just a 5K, relay, half and full. www.okcmarathon.com

irish_robbie said...

Kasie I actually worked in OKC for a while and while the downtown area is pretty quiet after work hours, after I got through the initial sadness about why it was there, the memorial was beyond peaceful. I think its one of the most serene things I've seen.

I'll check it out. I would definitely need to do the Half Marathon if I made the whole trek out there though. I will definitely keep OKC in mind when I'm deciding!! THANKS!!!