Thursday, December 28, 2006

December28 - Running Again

Awesome awesome sleep last night! I don't think I've slept that soundly ever! I've decided to do my run this evening after work rather than this morning though. So I will do an update on my workout tonight.

Food

Meal1: 3x Chicken Breasts (6points)
Meal2: Whole Wheat Pita with Chickpeas and Veggies (7points)
Meal3: Whole Wheat Pita with Chickpeas and Veggies (7points)
Meal4: 3x Chicken Breats (6points)

**snacking on carrots as well throughout the meals**

Workout

Running - I decided that this first run (since July) I would take easy. I figured I would only run for 20minutes just to see how it felt. It's been a while...So I decided to work on a negative split. Basically I start out at one pace, and make sure that the second half of my run is faster than the first half. It was kinda cruddy out, and much easier to measure on the treadmill, so I headed upstairs to our gym to do it. So here is how it went.

20minutes-15minutes: 6.5mile per hour pace
15minutes-10minutes: 7.0mile per hour pace
10minutes-5minutes: 7.5mile per hour pace
5minutes-1minute: 8.0mile per hour pace
1minute-finish: 8.5mile per hour pace

Total time: 20minutes
Total mileage: 2.398 miles.

I want to get my pace that I am hitting at least 3miles in 20minutes. So I will keep my TIME based runs at 20minutes for now (every other run) and my MILEAGE based runs will vary depending on the day. I will do a mileage based run on Saturday next.

No comments: