Saturday, December 02, 2006

Turbo Kick Event!!!

What a day! I was really excited and wanted to try and out shine our last event in October! Behind the scenes, it was a tougher organizing this one, and the gym didn't make my life easier (They dropped the ball on a number of promises, including food and prizes at less than a day before the event), and the running around didn't stop until the 11th hour, but it went SO well! More on that soon!

My most awesome friend Heather from Arizona flew in Thursday and is staying with us until Monday morning! My friends Christine, Heidi, and Lynn drove in from New York as well! I am so greatful that these awesome ladies came up to support me in this event!

We had the gym open the doors an hour early, so we could finish cleaning up/setting up and getting all of our prizes and food

My butterflies were fluttering like CRAZY as the folks started arriving! I still have "FUN NERVES" before every class, but my nerves fluttered like my FIRST CLASS! I couldn't have been more excited if The National Promotions Director from Powder Blue was taking my class!
That's because she WAS!!!

Having Christine Dwyer taking my class was such a treat! I have so much respect for her, not only for how amazing an instructor she is, but for her own success in weight loss and fitness! This lady had her first baby this spring, and to look at her in class you would have NEVER guessed! Christine brought Lynn and Heidi, two other phenomenal ladies from Rochester who I adore and I was so happy to have them kicking up a storm with my ladies!

Heather, who is injurred (worse than she lets on) and has not been working out for about a month from doctor's orders jumped in for 2 classes this weekend including the event and her energy, volume and power was SUPER infectious! The local ladies really stepped it up with her up in front!

We had just about 60people arrive and participate in the event and it was amazing!!! The energy was so high and so were the voices of everyone so I really had to belt out the cues in class (since I teach sans Mic), which did quite a number on my voice. I will hopefully be getting a hold of a mic system (thanks to Lynn) and experimenting with that to try and save my voice so I can continue teaching ;) But Voice loss or not, this was the most fun I've ever had teaching Turbo Kick!

I had some REALLY talented photographers / videographers recording the event (who also happened to be my amazing Cousins Sarah and Pete), and I should be getting their pictures later in the week and I will post those as they arrive. I do have some pictures already though and will also post those later in the week!

I also have to say that I had some pretty awesome friends and businesses donate the most amazing line up of prizes!!

Christine added EXTRA excitement to the event by teaching a PiYo™ Class after my Turbo Kick™ class and the ladies LOVED IT! I will likely add a PiYo class to my week in the new year so this was a very cool way to show the ladies what they have in store!

I couldn't believe how amazingly generous EVERYONE was, and how exciting the event was!
I want to thank each and every person who came, brought friends, brought the excitement, the power and the fun to this day! This was the best December 2nd ever!! :)

5 comments:

CHRISTINE DWYER said...

Hey Baby! It R-O-C-K-E-D! your face was just BEAMING while you were teaching! It was so great to take a TK class from you! You have a ton of energy and I could totally feel the love and appreciation those ladies have for you. They are surely grateful for all you do for them. Thank you for inviting us and we will have to do this again! Also- so cool to hang out with all of the people you have been talking about, the posters on the boards, as well as the ladies who got certified just 1 month prior. =)

Stacey Chatman said...

Remember: Keep riding that kite....you don't know where it is going to land.....in 07' you will be an APD for SURE!

Congrats!!!

~Stacey Chatman~

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that it was incredible. The energy was high, the music was pumping, the lights where flashing, and everybody had a rocking time.

Thank you for planning the event. Thank you for bringing your awesome supah star friends up to our little gym. I have a feeling our classes will never be the same again lol heheh

Cris

HULA77 said...

Robbie, you are a TOTAL inspiration. You are motivating so many more people than you can imagine.

I'm so happy to hear that things went so well for you this past weekend! I wouldn't have imagined it any other way!

Lis.

JD (Jennifer Driscoll) said...

Robbie,

So FUN to hear about your amazing event! Sounds like you totally ROCKED it! How fun to have other Turbo friends there too!

Bummer to hear that Heather is injured! I hope you're healing well girl!

Miss you all! Can't wait to see you again at camp in '07!!

Cheers,
~JD