Friday, December 29, 2006

December29- The year is running out!

So I feel my run this morning! Not running since July, even with the short length of last night's run is felt in my ankles and calves. Weird. I've got Turbo Kick™ class tonight and that is all I will be doing fitness wise. Tomorrow I have Class, and work all day, but I do want to get a run in as well (before my guests arrive, as we are hosting an Ultimate Fighting Night to watch the new UFC Pay Per View!).

I'm excited about the New Year too! For the first time in forever I'm not trying to lose weight as a New Years Resolution, although I probably will drop a little more body fat as a result of the new challenges we'll be doing!

The 2 Challenges I'm participating in during the month of January include a PUSHUP Challenge and a Running Challenge.

1. The Pushup Challenge will be basically 100pushups per day on top of whatever else I do.

2. The Running Challenge will be a mileage counter. Over the month I need to run a total of 120km (75miles)

These two challenges will REALLY help me stay on track through the dark months of winter, and be ready for the Sporting Life 10km Race here in Toronto that I've decided will be my first race of the year. I'm not sure how many races I want to run this year, but I am REALLY hopeful that I can get a bunch of friends together to do the Sporting Life Race!

Food

Meal1: 3x Chicken Breasts (6points)
Meal2: Whole Wheat Pita with ChickPeas and Veggies (7points)
Meal3: Whole Wheat Pita with Falafel and Veggies (11points)
Meal4: Chocolate Chip Cookie (6points)
Meal5: Power Crunch Bar (4points)

Workout

Turbo Kick Class 730pm - class was GREAT! The last Friday before New Years...Small Class? NOPE! We had 20 ladies in class (not as big as the 30-40 we normally had but still big and AWESOME). There were quite a few ladies in class who have been absent for a while because of work, illness and other Christmas obligations so I was SOOO Happy!!! I miss my gals when they are not here!

1 comment:

irish_robbie said...

Just remember Mindy, "There's no place like home, There's no place like home!"

Who the heck posted the Fred Savage comment!?? I freaking LOVE IT!