Thursday, December 07, 2006

Zoolander?

If anyone has seen the movie Zoolander, you may remember that although being extremely ridiculously good looking, Derek had one fatal flaw. He couldn't turn left. It was quite the issue to have as a super model. Well the last couple of days I've felt like Bizzaro Zoolander. I can't turn right!

I woke up Tuesday morning and I couldn't move my neck! I was in extreme pain! I made it to the shower and afterwards could get a little movement in my neck, but if I tried to turn to the right, the pain would be too much to deal with.

So being the smart person I am, instead of going to the doctor, I just pump myself full of muscle relaxants and pain killers, and head off to work. The pain killers didn't help one bit.

Then Wednesday comes around. 2 classes to teach! EEEK. I didn't mention anything to my morning class and just sucked it up. I don't think anyone noticed, but I sure felt it. So much, that I told my evening class that if they saw my doing anything odd, or wincing when I turned right, not to follow what I was doing ;)

I made it through class, and Heather bought me a heating pad, which seemed to help a lot. It still hurts SOOOO much, but I have more mobility at least. This morning I feel a lot better than before. It's been 3 days now, so I hope I'm back to normal soon! I promised Heather I would go to the doctor if it's not better by tomorrow!

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Just a thought but what about seeing a chiropractor?? Or a massage therapist. I see both and it really makes a difference in my overall well being. I don't get nearly as twisted up with stress/tension and sitting at a desk 8 hours out of my day as when I'm not seeing my chiropractor. But they aren't for everyone I suppose.