Monday, November 20, 2006

How much do I love Turbo Kick?

Enough to turn down a free all-expense paid trip to Barbados!

I entered a contest a few months ago at work, and today I got a call from the Barbados tourist board letting me know that I had won! I was invited to travel to Barbados for a week, and race in the Barbados marathon!

Debbie for Tourist board - "Hi Rob, You've won! Is your passport current"
Me - "Yes Ma'am!"
Debbie - "Can you be in Barbados from Nov28-Dec4"
Me - "Ooph...No I'm sorry I can't"

There is no way that I can be away, even for a free trip to Barbados when I have this event! Not even a consideration. Oh well. Someone else will get this amazing trip because I turned it down so really I guess I got to make someone else's day today too :)

Class was GREAT tonight! Absolutely packed, and the energy level was through the roof! The windows were completely fogged and we had an absolute blast!

2 comments:

KellyC said...

OMG no way!
Congratulations, and ohhhhh that's too bad ;)
I know you're going to have such a blast at your event, that you won't even think twice about . . . where was that again?
Wish I could be there!

Emily RugBurn said...

Can you transfer your prize to, let's say, oh, I dunno, off the top of my head -- a favourite cousin, perhaps?... ;o)